Thursday, December 4, 2008

The holidays are here.

I am so excited that the holidays are here. I love the feelings they bring. Everyone slows down, we spend more time together, not in a car traveling to soccer practice or cheer practice. It is cold outside so we light the fire and hang out. I say this while I look out my office window at the snow on the ground and realize I sent my daughter to the bus stop and it was 16 degrees. And the crazy thing is Garret has recess today, but only if it is above 0 degrees, including the wind chill. I have learned so much about weather just by being on the East coast and in the Midwest, usually it is that weather.com usually isn't right, so I should just look out the window to see what is happening.


Thanksgiving was nice, it was just the 4 of us, and we hung out all day, watched the parade and football. Ate some good turkey, it was a good time.


And now we have decorated for Christmas, I love it when it is all done, it is just the doing that gets overwhelming. I am looking forward to Christmas as well. This is the first time in 4 years that it will just be the 4 of us. The last few years we have either traveled to the West coast, or had family come this way, we will definately miss being with the extended family this year, but I am looking forward to sleeping in, if the kids will let us and not having to travel anywhere. And I am hoping the snow we have will stay and we will finally have a white Christmas.


Here is a picture of Garret this morning, this was how he had to be dressed, I sort of felt like the Mom from A Christmas Story, but he can put his arms down. LOL


No comments: