Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween


I totally forgot to post about Halloween, it was a fun Friday night. Payton was Little Dead Riding Hood. She desperately wanted the cape with the hood and figured she would come up with something to go along with it. Our neighbor said she looked like little Red Riding Hood, and then said, "Hey, why not be Little Dead Riding Hood", ah the imagination of an 11 year old. So, I put her hair in braids, got some white face make up along with some black eyeliner, black eye shadow and black lipstick, and voila, Little Dead Riding Hood. Now she didn't trick or treat much, she was going to a sleep over later that night, so she went to a few houses and then went back home to hand out candy. Now Garret was all into getting the candy, seeing how many houses he could hit before we went home. He was Dr. Doom. After about 10 houses, the mask came off, he was getting too sweaty. I told him next year, no masks, this was the second year that I got to carry part of his costume. Next year he can be a hobo. Oh wait, that wasn't politically correct, he can be one of the job challenged. He didn't even know what a hobo was. Next year I am all about the face paint, but no clowns, never ever in this house. By the time we got home, it was dark, and we had to recycle some of the candy that our kids woulnd't eat so we had enough to give out to the last few kids that came by. I felt bad, but there was nothing wrong with it, and I would rather not have it in the house, less for me to eat. As it is, I got all the candy that had coconut in it, yum, how can they not like coconut? And then we sent Payton off to her sleepover, Garret played a few video games and Mike and I watched some shows we had taped, or DVRed. It was a good night.

No comments: