Friday, January 16, 2009

An awww moment!



Last weekend, Payton had a sleep over, so Garret was downstairs with me watching TV. He was actually playing with the Transformers his Papa got him a few years ago for Christmas. Anyway, we had been up late the night before at a neighbor's house playing dominoes, and the kids both got up early the next day. So by 10pm, Garret seemed a bit tired. He asked if he could have a hug, how could I say no, so he came and sat in my lap and gave me a hug. During his hug, he started talking about the Lego Indiana Jones game he got and the characters he got. All of the sudden he stopped mid-sentance, so I shifted a bit and asked him what he was talking about, he didn't say a thing. He had fallen asleep on my chest mid-sentance. He hasn't done that since he was 2 or 3. I didn't want to get up, I figured how often will my son ask to give me a hug and then fall asleep in my arms. He is growing up so fast. His teacher just told us he went from a first grade reading level in September to a second grade reading level. Whoo Hoo, so all the reading we have been making him do is paying off, I am so proud of him.




No comments: